Wednesday, May 10, 2006

all apologies...


I was going to write a whole piece on nature versus religion, but Spring is here, the weather is not half bad and I'm feeling frisky, so I'm not going to.
This morning my brother and I met up early and went for a twenty kilometre run. We chatted and blathered as we ran and caught up with each other, he is happy, I am happy for him.
We reached the crest of the hill we were running up and stood there, staring in awe at the view across the city, the silver sea twinkling in the distance, wispy clouds drifiting high above us. Around us birds chirruped and trilled as bees and butterflies went about their merry way, on the hills to our left the heather was in bloom, looking like patches of lilac cotton balls and buttercups and dandilions littered the ground by our feet.
It was so natural and yet spectacularly fantastic that I felt light-headed (although that could have been the final lung-busting rise).
So now I am too tired to do anything other than offer my excuses, work, maybe gossip a bit on blogs I like. Tomorrow, tomorrow I'll deal with the bigger, less light hearted issues. My god, I can barely feel my leg, no not you lefty, I can feel you perfectly, you filthy, well toned bitch you.
Isn't it great to be alive some days? Isn't it? Aren't sunny days great? Don't you all feel the love? Here, I'm sending some your way right now.
I'm going to pop on some loud music now, run the shower, open all the windows and sing along with gusto, I may even dance a little. Lame? oh yes, it surely is, but do I care? not a jot.
Eeeeee, I love days like today.

11 Comments:

Blogger KnackeredKaz said...

20km???!!?!?! I'm sweating just reading that! God, I'm so fat.

Anyway, yes it's gorgeous out today. I'm leaving work around 3.30pm and going to meet my friend in Stephen's Green and just chillax (as the young folk in my office say!).

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger Boliath said...

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine? Got up early and ran 20k, well toned legs, feeling the joys of a perfect day...?

Shag off will ye!

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

But don't you feel it today too? Summer- as short as she is - is arriving, days are longer, people are smiling, sunshine, third degree burns, knacker-tans, tennis, crisp gin and tonics in other folks' gardens while they burn lumps of beef and chicken on the bar-b-cue, walking home from a night out without a jacket, lying sprawled on the grass at the foot of Pope's cross in the park, pub gardens, days down to Brittas and Courtown...sigh.
Look here, it's pretty miserable most of the time, so just this once I'm going to revel in a glorious day and be blissfully delighted with myself for being alive, being in love and being happy and you're all welcome to join me.

2:39 p.m.  
Blogger SheBah said...

Had my first barbie last night, burnt sausages, burnt steak, burnt burgers - lovely! Everything tastes great after three large Pimms! FMC - that view sounds rather familiar to me - is it up in the Dublin mountains towards the Hellfire Club?

2:44 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Close enough Miss er..Beauty Shebah? It was truly beautiful, and although I have a minging blister on my right foot, it was worth it.
God I love bar-be-cues, despite the terrible fear of poisoning. If the weather holds this weekend I'm going to one, where I am going to get very tipsy and I plan to scoff to my heart's contentment. The girl who is hosting it has a gorgeous garden too, I covet it terribly. So pretty, so heavenly scented, I have black fingers, the only plants I keep alive are plants that thrive on neglect and jasmine, for some reason I'm a dab hand at growing jasmine.

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Jagd Kunst said...

It's winter here now. It's 9am. It's freezing. Your vivid description made me forget long enough that I was holding the bar heater between my thighs. Now I have a big welt up my well toned ones.

9:58 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Is that what you call yours? The big welt? Ooohhh.

10:36 p.m.  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

It's hardly FMC's fault that you choose to live where you do, Jagd, you antipodean sheep-botherer.

10:53 p.m.  
Blogger Boliath said...

Sorry fmc, I was feeling a bit grumpy this morning and there has been torrential downpours all day, does not make for a happy me. Glad you're in love and enjoying the day - glad someone is, just be careful, it is mating season after all and unless you too want to be woken at 6am on a miserable grey day with demands for num-nums (that means food when you're 18 months old) in a couple of years time, make sure to keep that joy protected!

3:45 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Hee Boliath, you sound just like my mother, only reasonable.

9:14 a.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

the good lord gave us squirrels, and endorphins. i'd say we're even.

12:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home