Friday, July 21, 2006

Bad morning.

Is it just bloody bad karma or does everyone else have mornings like this?
I woke up, went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, knocked the toothpaste into the wicker basket under the sink, bent to pick it up and cracked my head on the sink. Ow. Some cursing and head holding ensued.
In a bit of a teary eyed temper I snatch kimono from the hook on the back of the door and -rrrrrriiiippppppp- I tear most of the left sleeve off.
Much much more cursing ensued.
Feeling aggrieved, I made my way to the kitchen, put on the kettle, ignored cats, made coffee, drank coffee, spat coffee into sink, checked date on milk, hum, no wonder, it went off yesterday.
Some more cursing.
Get hastily dressed, go downstairs, down street, buy fresh milk and paper, go to pay, discover no money, curse very viciously at this. Fortunately kindly lady in shop takes pity on spitting cat and allows her to take milk and paper. Either that or she just wanted me out of her shop.
Go home, make more coffee. Clean litter trays, put in fresh litter, pick up bag of old litter and ZZZZZRRRRPPP, bag splits along the bottom. Ammonia fumes and pieces of smelly cat shit all over kitchen floor.
Pitch hissy fit.
Finally get that cleaned up. Come in here, coffee is gone cold, but I don't care I'm going to drink it anyway. I'm going to sit here and drink cold coffee and grumble and grouch until the cows come home.
Thank God it is Friday.

6 Comments:

Blogger Betty the Sheep said...

Yeah, I'm not having the best day either. I woke early to try and get into the shower but my housemate was in the shower for about 40 mins (we only have one bathroom between five of us). As a result got to work a bit late and then was overheard giving out about my boss BY MY BOSS. Not a good morning at all!

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor old darling, I sympathise fully. Especially about the shared bathroom thing, eeek, one between five. Bleeeee. The blessed plastic statue and I are sending healing vibes to you right this minute.

12:55 p.m.  
Blogger FINN said...

that is why your mom bought 2 -- for the good of your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning for the weekend...

2:10 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

God Finn it's so close, I can almost taste the massive martini I'm going to have. Must remain at desk for one more hour and then I'm outta here!

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Cat shit is undoubtedly the bounciest and most elusive of all the animal poos when a bag of it is dropped. I know this having spent a goodly number of my teenage after-school hours working at a vet's, scooping the poo of creatures both great and small.

Happy weekend, fmc. Have a drink for me, sweetie-pie. It looks to be a long and dry few days for me. I expect scooping cat-poo will come into it somewhere too.

3:24 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Will do missie, you too!

6:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home