Monday, April 23, 2007

A Monday Morning Experiment.

Or, If you will allow for whimsy, all roads lead to Kevin Bacon.
Remember that weird thing popular a few years ago? The degrees of separation thingimebob, where no matter what film was named somehow it would always lead to a Kevin Bacon connection?
Well yesterday I was astounded to find not only films, but random comments also lead directly to his fated self.
Coincidence? I think not.
Observe.
On Sunday morning the excellent Primal Sneeze suggested GGs as a name for those t-shirt wearing toughies who seem to feel no cold. I nodded sagely when I read this and then immediately thought of horses, which make me immediately think of Hilary Swank, which in turn lead to The Black Dahlia (film) which brought me to The Black Dahlia (book) which made me think of dudes who took uppers, downers and bennies which make me think of going into the kitchen to take some panadol for my hangover which brought me quick smart to the idea that since I was going in there I might as well have coffee, bacon and eggs, which- quite shockingly- led me to Kevin Bacon (actor) and this post you are currently reading.
So as you see GG=Breakfast=Kevin Bacon.
So what I want y'all to do today is get someone to say any old word to you, any word at all and allow you mind unfettered access to whatever it throws up. See what you get.



Disclaimer. No acid was harmed during the writing of this post.
Further Disclaimer. If I am proven correct I will be Oprah waffling on about how I've discovered the 'Law of Bacon' and I will call my book 'The REAL Secret' I will then become a mega hella super rich Cat and start on my queenly plans. I will order ten foot bull whips and blunderbusses by the crate. You gum chewers and whale-tailers best be on your guard, and psychics? Time for you lot to move to an island somewhere.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sweary said...

Aight, here goes.

Pockmarked=Kevin Bacon.

Jaysus, I didn't even have to go into the degrees of separation there, did I?

9:53 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

See? Oh I can almost smell the money coming.

10:21 a.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Is this homework? It feels like homework. Its my day off, i'll see what comes up later on...

11:16 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

A Monday off Manuel? You lucky sucker.

11:29 a.m.  
Blogger Kav said...

I was eating Rashers when I read this post, and Rashers has a friend who used to babysit for Mick Jagger's kids, and Paint it Black was a song on Stir of Echoes, and Kevin Bacon was in Stir of Echoes. Whoa, you're right.

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It's strangely strange Kav, and oddly odd to sure.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

I thought of the word cunt and, would you believe it, Kevin Bacon is an actor and all actors are cunts.

3:07 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

I was preoccupied with my daughter's eye being glued shut with crusty eye-snot this morning when I read this. Labradors get eye-snot too and Labrador is in Canada where people are wierd. Wierd people call their children things like Stapley and Kayden which are crap names. Kevin is a crap name.

In a spooky parallel, I reckon it was the snotty child Stapley from preschool who infected us all with the cold which led to the problem daughter's eye-snot.

My God!

This could have all sorts of applications! We know it's Bacon dependent, right? We must clone him immediately then, to start with, then wire up the clones in series. Soon we'll be able to carry out industrial strength degrees of separation and get a white cat to stroke and a sexy double agent sniffing around us all the time. With your discovery and my engineering, um... and my husband's engineering textbooks we could rule the world, mama!

But it would be wrong to let power go to our heads. That's where we need Oprah.

8:23 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Stop drinking that Nyquil!!
Poor baby, are the girls terribly poorly? Eye gunk, blee, not very delightful.

8:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home