Friday, May 30, 2008

happy ginger day chumlies!



ah hoy-hoy! As the bank holiday is upon us, I inexplicably found myself thinking of you chumlies and how everyday Ginger day spent with you is a sort of holiday, a holiday for the minds. Gingerday is special is it not? A feverish count down to beer o'clock, a time when we can cast off our weekly shackles and embrace our inner ginger vixen and ginger love god. Don't fear it, never fear it.
You can be!
I can be!
He/she can also be!
Take today's ginger. You can be sure this fine lady probably spent all bloomin' week long labouring under the tepid yoke of polyester and mixed cotton, possibly with some lycra thrown in for good measure. Perhaps she is puppy-less? Perhaps she has no robin? Perhaps like the evil and preppy meercat Fisk she is a teacher of sorts. Yes, that's it, I suspect her of pedagogy. Poor lady. A fate worse than Dancing on Ice surely.
I envisualise her standing at the chalkboard, bored, filled with child-loathing, and headmaster- despising, waiting for three bells, when she can say ' Good day to you,' to the last mini-person and flee the grey prefabricated halls of her prison. She is chaffing, straining at the bit, repressed and restrained, her glorious flamed tresses bunned and hidden, her creamy alabaster skin bound by mortal garb, her tarts of hearts lying unnoticed on a dusty shelf.
It would break most spirits.
But not hers! For on Gingerday all such tethers are loosened, shackles of proprietary are cast off. Yea, though she be of a certain age, yea, though no swimwear model, yea though her boobies be heading south faster than Dublin folk who own mobile homes and her mascara curiously applied, what of it? For this proud matriarch is no mere Highfield Hattie. Not for she the bended knee to the weary idle mistress of time, no cuppa cha nor a flick through the RTE Guide will do. Avast scurvy brunnettes, man your frigates blondies, she is rising from the deep sea of tedium, ablaze, alight aglow, betassled, bedeviled, begingered.
Oh ginger madam, though to the naked eye your expression be one of irked crankiness, I know it is but a ruse. I see your hearts, and while you don't exactly wear them on your sleeve, you do proudly display them. What do they signify I wonder? You're love for us all? Your love for mankind? Your love for lifting me higher? Who can say. All I know is that you, and your hearts, have deeply emboldened this Gingerday for this Fatcat and for my Ginger Journey Jockies, and for that madam, I salute you.

Labels:

25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Gary Busey in a wig.

Happy gingerday FMC, you strange, strange laydee.

10:00 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Back at you darling, I hope you have a cracking weekend.

10:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you issues with mobile homes in dee south, you have mentioned it a couple of times?


Nonny

10:25 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Issues? None, just on bank holidays that's where a lot of folk will be heading.

10:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see, I am a mobile home child, not that I live in one mind, I swear I have a real house of my own but Mam and Dad have one on the sunny east coast. I love it and can't have anything untoward said about it see.

11:03 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I wouldn't mind having one either, but they're really bloody expensive.
Right, off to collect my bib number and gear for Monday's mini marathon.

11:26 a.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

It's mini marathon time already?
Where did May go?

Ack.

I'm trying to work up the will to go and be bored to tears for several hours when I should be celebrating Ginger Day.

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Jeez. Ain't purdy, but you gotta respec' those who let the freak flag(s) fly.

Happy Friday - I'm off to do some boob-lifting exercises and to burn my pasties*.

*That's a total lie. I don't own pasties.

12:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"man your frifates, blondies"

Now there's something for the weekend!

Have a good one, all.

Good luck with the race on Monday, fmc.

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tell me my eyes will heal...



G'luck in your mini-marathong.

3:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Conan, sweetie. Your eyes will peel. They might squeal. But the image has been burned onto your retina now and they will never heal.

I just hope that when I'm old and senile, this isn't the image from the past my brain decides to throw back at me repeatedly. They'll need the extra strong restraints in the old-folks home.

3:53 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And "friGate." Obviously

3:54 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Egad! @5 degrees down at the RDS and the place was acked.
A question. I ache from yesterday's kicking and punching of things, and also from the forty over head 5k squats I managed to grunt out, a sad part of me things I ought to take it easy, but an even sadder part of me think I might be better off going to another class this evening, my thinking being it won't hurt any more or less. What say you? What would y'all do.

3:56 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Maybe I'll just have a bowl of pasta instead. I DO love carb loading.

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would go fer an easy-does-it relaxing swim to get the stress out of the muscules.

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Swim eh? I never even considered that. Thanks Conan. I am befuddled.

4:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!! stop doing squats you will get piles.

Have a lovely weekend and heres to under 55 on Monday. Good luck.

Nonny

4:13 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Squats are vile but also the best exercise for legs and arses... and torsos if your using weights. But cheers, I'll do my best. Have a good weekend.

4:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaay! BEER O'CLOCK!!

Have a good weekend folks, and good luck in the run FMC.

Cheribye!

5:07 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Salut to you and to everyone. Off for a swim to knock out the kinks, golly it's mega warm- it's almost like being abroad, but conveniently closer. Have a good one.

5:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swimming is the best present you can ever give your body. After a very "psychical" day at work on Wednesday (not that kind - unfortunately) I felt like somebody had beat me up (thank God that was not the case) and I went for a swim afterwards, and Oh My God 50 laps later I felt like Gods hands had given me a warm massage. I was a new person and I would recommend swimming for ANYTHING if you want your body to either feel relaxed OR energized - it actually works both ways.
Enough about that. It's wine o'clock in Edinburgh and I just got home and poured myself a LARGE glass of rose...
Thanks for your ginger saggy boobs story today FMC, I hope you have a grand weekend!
Slainte :-)

5:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck on monday

11:52 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Cheers darlings.

10:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about creating
my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

my web site airplane simulator game

3:48 a.m.  
Blogger furnitureswrry said...

شركة تنظيف المنازل بعنيزة
 شركة رش مبيدات بعنيزة
شركة مكافحة حمام بعنيزة
شركة رش دفان بعنيزة
 مكافحة النمل الأبيض بعنيزة

8:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home