Saturday, June 07, 2008

motivation for Fatcats and possibly for chumlies of Fatcats!

Top of the morning to you from sunny sunny Dublin. And I hope this Satdee finds you all in fine fettle. Had a cracking week, and feeling good. Have sort of started training for October's marathon, from now on there will be some short and long runs interspaced throughout the week. I'm hoping the better prep work this year will help me shave one hour off my time. The paramour points out that perhaps not queueing for painkillers in a chemist and stopping for a leg massage would also help my time. He of course is correct, but I won't be telling him that, it will swell his head.

Monday- 10 k flora mini marathon- a slow slow quick quick slow quick affair. Note to self, forget PBs and the like for this day and concentrate on raising money instead.

Tuesday- Gym,
10 kilo Bicep curls, 4 set of 10.
Pull up on grav 20k counterweight, 40 in total, interspaced with the curls.

20 back squats with 10k weights. then 5 with 20k. 20k is not that heavy for me in another exercise but in squatting-which I'm poor at, it's plenty to keep me occupied.

Then just for the hell of it I tried one last set of pull ups with the counter weight on 15k, could I do 10? Nope, but I could do 8 before my arms simply failed, so next week I WILL be doing that.

Finished of with twenty minutes rowing, arms were pretty much mush though.

Wednesday.- rest day.

Thursday 12k run, damp, hilly. Dog worrying.

Friday, kickboxing, including a LOT of the heavy bag work and tuck jumps and skipping. I was BANJAXED afterwards, happily so, new instructor informs me I throw a 'wicked right hook' I smiled again. Can't get used to these nice instructors, although the last ten minutes of conditioning reminded me of Memnoch. Also I had to lie down in the changing rooms for a few seconds before my shower. My diaphragm was achy. I really luv kicking and punching things.

Today I'm going to hit the gym for another weights session, tomorrow if the weather holds I plan a 10 mile run along the coast. Hope everyone's feeling dandy. Going to get dressed ow and go see a woman about a dog, if I'm not back I've been eaten.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Dr Maroon said...

Why on earth did you take your diaphram to the gym?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'm not sure I like the idea of all this heavy exercise, you might go a bit butch and all my fantasies will have to be updated.
Hey, what the hell, it could in quite well. Oil up those buns.

12:06 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I'll get you to do that Docky. Any chance you could wear a curly ginger wig while doing so?

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Good luck with the dog's woman, FMC.
I can't wait to hear her reaction.

2:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - most interested to see what she says. I'm not afraid of dogs, but my Dad was attacked by a large dog when he was a toddler, and radiates The Fear around dogs of all sizes - and they know it.

The worst dogs I knew were 2 German Shepards - trained to be guard dogs, I might add - who were "pets" of my Mother's friends. Lovely big softies with their owners; but snapped into guard dog mode if anyone else moved too suddenly. My mother used to be terrified they'd attack my little bro when we were kiddies and went to visit, 'cos he'd be buzzing around, and you could see the dogs getting that tense poised thing. She suggested to her friend that maybe the dogs could be restrained when we went to visit - and the friend went ape-shit! Needless to say, we visited their house less, and they visited ours more in the future!

2:39 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A weak week for me, since my legs were concrete blocks after last Saturday's race and I appear to have irritated the shit out of my IT band again, so I've been and will be taking it easy.
Walked/ran two miles, biked about 15 in exceptionally windy commutes.
Will do better about yoga, pilates, and weights this week to keep myself occupied...

5:32 p.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

while you lot have had sunshine in ireland, it seems that we've had nothing but pouring rain for the past two weeks - and the forecast looks like it will extend equally as long.

as for me, just found out that i'm to attend a conference the weekend of my triathlon. i can back out, but it would also mean giving up the opportunity to travel to scotland several times a year to do my research. on the up side, there are a billion running races coming up that extend well into november. i'll just have to hop onto one or two of those instead.

did manage to take my new bike out for a commute twice this week, 12 mi each commute, and i've been walking the dogs for an hour or more every day. other than that, i've been in the lab working. so i plan to live vicariously through the rest of you!

6:40 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sheesh, I ca't believe they went ape shit, even the most mild mannered dogs can get irked by small children faffing about.

Grims, take it good and slow and steady until you feel back to normal, it might take a week or tow but give it the time it needs.

AW, bad luck Daisy Mae, 'bout the weather and losing your race, but you're right, it would be folly to give up the trips and opportunity to travel. And of course there will be more races. Hey! Maybe you might be over this way and you can do the DCM! It's only a hop and a skip from Scotland.

7:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

much mush? husky dog?

7:37 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

* 'much mush.' Clearly my typing fingers are just as bad.

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Hey FMC, sounds like you're well recovered from the mini marathon. It's been a big week for me, did a duathlon in the phoeonix park on wednesday and a mountain race (lots of hills, you know I love 'em!) on Saturday. Mountain Race was over 3 minutes faster than my time last year. Woohoo! Been swimming every day, getting better, but I had my first sea swim today and that scared the bejaysus out of me. I didn't mind the cold at all though so not a lost cause! Happy running and exercising to everybody!

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Aisling I'll be right over!

10:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home